ADOPT A PET
HOURS AND FEES
The shelter is open seven days a week.
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday - Noon to 6 p.m.
- Sunday and Wednesday - Noon to 3 p.m.
Shelter offices open at 10 a.m., seven days a week. Administrative offices are open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The Chester County SPCA is closed on all federal holidays.
The adoption fee for cats and dogs includes spaying/neutering, first vaccinations while in our shelter, an identification microchip, a free exam by one of over 60 area veterinarians, and a Chester County SPCA ID tag.
- Dogs over 6 months of age: $125
- Dogs under 6 months of age: $225
- Cats over 6 months of age: $70
- Cats under 6 months of age: $100 or $150 for a pair living together
- Select adult cats qualify for $25 Cool Cat adoption fee
- Adoption fees for non-traditional pets vary.
All dogs over three months of age must be licensed at the time of adoption. Licenses are available at the CCSPCA for any residents of Chester County. (Residents of another county should get a license in their county.) Fees for licenses are as follows:
Neutered Male $6.95
Spayed Female $6.95
Fee for Senior Citizen or Person with Disability
Neutered Male $4.95
Spayed Female $4.95
If you are applying for a license that requires the dog owner to be a senior citizen (65 or older) or a person with a disability, proof of age or disability is required.
If you are applying for a license that requires your dog to be spayed or neutered, you must either submit written verification from a licensed doctor of veterinary medicine or sign the affidavit on the dog license application verifying that your dog is spayed or neutered.