FOSTER A PET
When animals first come to our shelter, they may be unable to go onto our adoption floor right away. They may be kittens or puppies, with their moms or by themselves. They may be sick. Whatever the reason, all of these animals need a little extra care, attention and love before being made available for adoption. Please consider being a foster parent by providing a temporary, loving home for these deserving animals.
If you are interested in being a volunteer foster parent please download and fill out a foster care application.
Things to consider before becoming a foster parent:
- This program is for individuals who are 18 years or older and are interested in temporarily taking care of a shelter animal in their home.
- The average commitment is 4-8 weeks. The shelter will help you and your foster animal get started by giving you instructions on care, offering continual phone support, providing vet care if you required and transportation if necessary. A return date will also be scheduled for you.
- Are you able to keep your foster animal(s) separate from any animal(s) you may have at home? We ask that you keep the animals separated because your foster animal(s) may have limited immunity. A good idea is to keep your foster animal(s) in a spare bedroom or room.
- Cats and kittens must be kept indoors at all times.
- When dogs are outside, they must be supervised in an enclosed yard or leashed at all times.
Once you have completed the foster care application, please send it to us by mail, fax or drop it off at the shelter. Once we receive your application, you will have a one-on-one interview with our foster coordinators to see if your home and circumstances match the needs of one of the shelter animal candidates. We will keep your application on file to help us find the right fit for you and for the animals.
We thank you for considering becoming a foster parent. If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 610-692-6113, ext.227.
Our mailing address:
Chester County SPCA
Attn: Foster Care
1212 Phoenixville Pike
West Chester, PA 19380
Fax #: 610-436-4630